Thursday, December 9, 2010

Where have I been?





Well, Like I said, I wan't sure I would keep up with this. But a good friend here in Texas reminded me about blogging. Thanks Danielle. Yes, you read that correctly. We are now in Texas. It was pretty hard to move away from Hawaii, or heaven on earth and my Mom calls it. Our CG time was up and my dear husband researched the areas available to him and compaired House prices and our BAH amounts. The best option was Galveston, TX. Now, I am a Southern Girl so I was happy to be back in the South but I never expected to like Texas so much. It is such a nice area here. Very homey here in South Houston. We love the house we bought and we are dealing with the weather. Summer heat almost melted us but at least we have air conditioning. We didn't have it in Hawaii. It is about as humid as HI but you are missing all the lush tropical greenery and ocean breezes. It is like walking into an oven when you go outside. Luckily, our community has a pool nearby.
Our son is growing so fast. He is turning 3 Sunday. We are having a Thomas the Train party for him. I am pretty sure it is his favorite toy. He has all the stuff already - toys, clothes, DVDs, even a new Christmas blow up lawn ornament. His Grandparents bought him a play tent too. I will add a picture so you can see how happy this little British train makes him. He knows all the characters and we have to roll play with him and be the characters. I am usually Emily or Rosey since I am female. LOL. He is always Thomas and if you try and be Thomas, he gets pissed. It should be a nice party as long as the weather doesn't freeze us out. I am planning on having hot apple cider ready for the adults. Husband is going to BBQ burgers and hot dogs too.
Christmas is almost here and I am only about half done. I still have no idea what to get my sister. I hate to send gift cards but I don't know what she wants. She is being very elusive. She has 3 kids and I am pretty sure they have everything they could ever ask for. We all use to make lists and it was easy to make sure you get your family something they want. Now I could send her something I think is great but she might have one or think it is lame. Ug, the pressure. LOL.
Well, I need to learn how to upload pictures now so...Until next time. KR

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my site & for participating in the giveaway! Good luck!! Man it would be hard to leave Hawaii! I've never been but would LOVE to go someday!!! Happy 3rd bday to your little guy! Can't wait to see party pics!!!

    ReplyDelete