Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite Holidays




Valentine's Day is almost here. It is time to take down all the Christmas decorations and put the hearts and roses and other pink red and white things up in the house. Because I am the only girl in my household, I feel like I have earned the right to make the house girlie this time of year. Recently I found a bunch of these felt hearts at a local super center. I knew I wanted to do something with them but not sure what. It was after I visited Pier1 when I decided to make table runners and maybe place mats out of them. It didn't take long and I had a beautiful lacy table runner. I am working on the place mats but will post soon. I think it is so pretty and makes me think of lace doilies. I bought a ton of the hearts so I have some on my valentine tree as well. Yes, I said Valentine Tree. See pic. Now, If I can just keep the dog from peeing on it...
I also added a pic of my front door wreath. I made this last year after missing them on sale at a local store.  So I decided I could make it myself.  I actually sold a few of them too! So it is back out in all it's glory. Hope it lasts for many years because I love it and think it is so romantic. You can see all my decor as it looks today. I am still adding and rearranging things so it may change again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment