Thursday, February 13, 2014

Love is in the air

The month of February is all about love. We give gifts to those we care about to remind them that even if we don't show it every day, we love them every minute. So, every year I face the dilemma of what to get my husband. I mean you can't really give your man a box of chocolates and a bouquet of roses. (Well, I guess you could?) Most guys would be happy with some beer and a nice evening (if you know what I mean). 
So, I think I have found a solution that isn't too froufrou. It's sentimental and classy too...an Anniversary plaque.  I made one for my friend a while ago and she said her husband really likes it. It sits on their bedroom dresser.

 

I made it with my Silhouette Cameo using vinyl and glass. I used a decorative font for the first letter of their last name. Then I split the letter and personalized it more with their name. Then at the bottom, I used their first names in another font and the date they were married at the bottom. You can get more detailed by adding the actual wedding date if you have space. That way your man will never forget to send you flowers and a card on the right day!
I hope you have someone special to hold onto this Valentine's and I hope you enjoyed this Anniversary Plaque.

 

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so happy you've started a blog!! I absolutelyLOVE this plaque that you made! My hubby is a sweet sentimental guy so he loved it!

    ReplyDelete